Publications on "Climate change"
Climate change and justice
- "Global yet equitable" (pdf, 6,6 MB) Combating Climate Change, Enabling Development
This summary is also available in French (pdf, 6,6 MB) and Spanish (pdf, 6,6 MB).
- Policy paper "Development and Climate Justice" (pdf,738 KB)
This publication is also available in Spanish (pdf, 1 MB) French (pdf, 1 MB) Portuguese (pdf, 1 MB)
- Report "The climate crisis – people’s potential and needs for adaptation and mitigation" (pdf, 5 MB)
This report summarises inputs and discussions of a conference organised in India in October 2009 by MISEREOR and Welthungerhilfe in partnership with South-Asian partner organisations. It includes the recommendations that were formulated and that highlight the need to recognise local people’s strategies in adapting to climate change.
Climate change and agriculture
Guiding Principles and Recommendation for climate policies in regards to agriculture.
Agriculture: from Problem to Solution Achieving the Right to Food in a Climate-Constrained World. Guiding Principles and Recommendations. CIDSE 2012 (pdf, 1,6 MB)
Short Paper serious on Climate Smart Agriculture and Carbon Markets
- 1st "Climate-smart agriculture – A useful development paradigm?" Second Editition (pdf, 1,5 MB)
- 2nd "Carbon markets in Agriculture – Benefitting the Poor and the Climate?"(pdf, 1 MB)
- 3rd "Climate smart solution at stake: Not-till agriculture" (pdf, 2 MB)
- 4th "Climate smart solution at stake: Biochar" (pdf, 3,1 MB)
Those papers are partly based on the following papers that have been commissioned by MISEREOR:
- "No-till agriculture – a climate smart solution?"(pdf, 2 MB)
- "Biochar – a climate smart solution?"(pdf, 3,1 MB)
Climate change and forests
- MISEREOR Position Paper on the Mechanism Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD +)
Dokumentation of the workshop "Rights before REDD" (pdf, 1,7 MB)